Designing an HVAC System for Indoor Agriculture Green room
According to the basic process from production to table, modern agriculture can be divided into six stages: production, processing, storage, transportation, sales, consumption and so on. The first two stages are the modern agricultural stage, and the last four stages are the logistics stage (including cold chain materials). The modern agriculture stage can be divided into two stages of production and processing according to its characteristics. The production stage can be divided into three parts. This article focuses on the HVAC equipment and HVAC technology used in the indoor Agriculture green room production stage. The three blocks of the production phase include:
- Breeding industry. Such as fish, shrimp and other aquaculture farming in water according to modern agricultural methods.
- Planting industry. Such as edible fungi, greenhouse vegetables, Chinese medicinal materials, and other crops grown indoors according to modern agricultural methods.
- Animal husbandry. Animal husbandry such as raising cattle, raising sheep, and raising pigs on land.
The general air conditioner is concerned with “four degrees”: temperature, humidity, speed, and cleanliness. In modern agriculture, due to its own characteristics, what is related to HVAC is the need to pay attention to “five degrees”: temperature, humidity, speed, cleanliness, concentration, and in different stages of animal and plant production, “five degrees” is also possible Changed. If the “five degrees” requirement of the process cannot be met continuously, it will cause very serious consequences: such as reduction of production, deterioration of quality and even death of crops. The five degrees are explained below:
The objects of modern agricultural control mainly include soil, nutrient solution, water, air, etc. The temperature control is to control the temperature of these objects. The temperature of these controlled objects has the following characteristics:
- Different objects have different temperature requirements;
- The same object has different temperature requirements in different growth stages; for example: the salmon needs to control the water temperature at 5-8 degrees during the hatching stage, and the water temperature at 16 degrees during the growth stage.
- Due to changes in outdoor air temperature, the configured HVAC equipment needs to have more than two functions of cooling and heating;
The control of air humidity is mainly aimed at planting and crop storage. The specific data needs to be determined according to different crop technology requirements.
The speed mentioned here refers to the speed of water and air to be controlled;
Cleanliness mainly refers to the requirements of the processing environment
Mainly refers to the concentration of carbon dioxide and oxygen in the air, this index determines the number of air changes. In general, the carbon dioxide content in outdoor air is 350 ~ 450PPM.
In order to meet the “five degrees” requirements of modern agriculture, it is necessary to configure corresponding HVAC equipment and adopt corresponding HVAC technology. Summarized as follows:
HVAC equipment used in modern agriculture:
- Refrigeration and heating equipment: water source heat pump, air-cooled heat pump (including ultra-low temperature), boiler + chiller, drying equipment
- Air conditioning equipment: wind cabinet, new fan group;
- Supporting auxiliary equipment: water pump, cooling water tower, heat exchanger, runner dehumidification, full heat exchanger, humidifier, etc .;
HVAC technology used in modern agriculture:
- Heat recovery technology;
- Cold recovery technology;
- Evaporative cooling technology;
- Full heat exchange technology;
- Comprehensive utilization technology of cold and heat;
- Cold and heat storage technology;
- Solar technology;
- Sewage heat energy utilization technology;
- Water source (ground source) heat pump technology
Want to learn more? Visit www.linkedin.com/in/gesonchiller