Chiller installation procedure
If you’re looking for a chiller installation checklist, chiller installation guide, or chiller installation manual, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s everything you need to know about installing a chiller, regardless of type.
First and foremost, always consult the manufacturer’s instructions when installing a chiller. This is the best way to ensure proper installation and avoid any potential damage to the unit.
There are three main types of chillers: air-cooled, water-cooled, and evaporative-cooled. Each has its own installation requirements that must be followed carefully.
Air-cooled chillers are the most common type installed in commercial and industrial settings. They require an adequate supply of air for cooling and typically have one or more fans to help circulate air.
Water-cooled chillers use water instead of air to cool the refrigerant.
Basic inspection and acceptance
Check the quality of the foundation together with the civil engineering,
supervision and construction units,
and conduct intermediate handover after confirmation .
Leveling in place
According to the construction drawings,
the vertical and horizontal center lines of the equipment foundation are ejected according to the positioning axis of the building,
and the Chiller is hoisted to the Chiller foundation with a forklift and a herringbone pole for placement.
It should be noted that the direction of the nozzle of the Chiller should meet the design requirements, and the levelness of the Chiller should be adjusted to a level close to the requirements.
Use flat or inclined horns to initially level the Chiller.
The placement position and quantity of the horns meet the Chiller installation requirements.
After the initial leveling of the Chiller is qualified,
the anchor bolt holes should be grouted for a second time,
and the grade of fine stone concrete or cement mortar used should be 1-2 grades higher than the foundation strength grade.
Before grouting, the dirt, soil and other debris in the hole should be cleaned.
Each hole must be grouted in one go, rammed in layers,
and the bolts held upright.
The anchor bolts can be tightened only when the strength reaches more than 70%.
After the Chiller is finely leveled, the pad iron should be spot welded in time.
The gap between the Chiller base and the surface of the foundation should be filled with concrete,
and the pad iron should be buried in the concrete.
The upper surface of the grouting layer should be slightly sloped to prevent oil and water.
Flowing into the base, the plastering mortar should be dense and the surface should be smooth and beautiful.
Use the plumb line method of the spirit level to measure the machining surface of the cylinder,
the base or the base plane,
and precisely level the Chiller,
so that the allowable deviation of the vertical and horizontal horizontality of the fuselage is 1‰,
and it should conform to the Chiller technology document requirements.
Disassembly and Cleaning
For refrigeration compressors with oil seals,
within the time limit specified in the Chiller technical documents, and if the appearance is good,
and there is no damage or rust, only the cylinder head, piston, cylinder inner wall, suction and exhaust valves and crankcase should be removed and cleaned,
and Check whether all fasteners and oil passages are unobstructed,
and replace the lubricating oil in the crankcase.
For units filled with protective gas or refrigerant,
if the inflation pressure does not change within the time limit specified in the Chiller technical documents,
and the appearance is intact, the internal cleaning of the compressor may not be performed.
The site to be dismantled and cleaned should be clean and equipped with fire prevention Chiller.
When the Chiller is disassembled, it should be carried out in sequence,
and each part should be marked to prevent it from being reversed during assembly.
(3) When cleaning with gasoline, a layer of oil must be applied after cleaning to prevent rust.
How to properly install a chiller ?
Chillers are critical pieces of equipment in many industrial and commercial facilities, so it is important to follow the proper chiller installation procedure to ensure optimal performance. There are a few key steps to installing a chiller, including properly positioning the unit, installing the chiller pipes, and connecting the unit to the chiller plant.
Positioning the chiller is important to ensure proper airflow and heat transfer. The unit should be placed on a level surface in a well-ventilated area. Once the chiller is in place, the chiller pipe installation according to the manufacturer’s instructions. It is important to use properly sized pipes and connect them securely to avoid leaks.
Finally, connect the chiller to the plant using metal or reinforced hose connections. Make sure all connections are tight and secure before starting up the system.
Chiller installation checklist of screw chillers
- The basic inspection, in-situ leveling and initial leveling methods of screw Chillers are the same as those of piston Chillers.
The longitudinal and lateral horizontal deviations of the unit installation should not be greater than 1‰,
and should be installed on the base or the processing surface parallel to the base.
- Loosen the coupling between the motor and the compressor,
jog the motor, and check whether the rotation direction of the motor meets the requirements of the compressor.
- After the grouting strength of the anchor bolt holes meets the requirements,
the Chiller is finely leveled,
and the dial indicator is used to measure and align the end face and circumference of the coupling.
The allowable deviation should meet the requirements of the Chiller technical documents.
How to do the pool chiller installation?
If you are planning to install a chiller in your pool, there are a few things you need to know before starting the installation process. First, you need to determine the type of chiller you will need for your pool. There are many different types of chillers on the market, so it is important to do your research and find the one that best suits your needs. Once you have determined the type of chiller you need, the next step is to follow a chiller installation checklist. This will ensure that everything is installed correctly and that your chiller will work properly once it is up and running.
Centrifugal Chiller Installation
- The installation method of the centrifugal Chiller is basically the same as that of the piston Chiller.
The longitudinal and lateral horizontal deviation of the unit installation should not be greater than 1‰,
and it should be measured on the base or the parallel processing surface of the base.
- When the unit is hoisted, the wire rope should be set on the outside of the evaporator and the condenser,
and the wire rope should not be stressed on the instrument panel and pipeline.
The contact point between the wire rope and the Chiller should be padded with wooden boards.
- Before the unit is connected to the air intake pipe of the compressor,
the blades and the actuator,
the blade opening and the indicated position should be observed from the suction port,
adjusted and positioned according to the requirements of the Chiller technical documents,
and finally connected to the electric actuator.
- During installation, the base plate of the Chiller should be flat,
the base installation should be equipped with vibration isolators,
and the compression of the vibration isolators should be consistent.
Lithium Bromide Absorption Chiller
Lithium Bromide Absorption Chiller Installation
(1) Before water chiller installation, the protective gas pressure charged by the Chiller should conform to the factory pressure specified in the Chiller technical documents.
(2) When the unit is arranged in the room, a space for maintenance work should be reserved around the unit.
When multiple units are arranged, the distance between the two units should be kept at 1.5-2m.
(3) After the Chiller is in place, the initial leveling and fine leveling methods are basically the same as those of the piston Chiller.
(4) The longitudinal and lateral horizontal deviations of the unit installation should not be greater than 1‰,
and should be measured according to the reference plane specified in the Chiller technical documents.
The measurement of horizontal deviation can use the U-tube method or other methods.
The chiller plant installation of fuel or gas direct-fired lithium bromide Chillers and auxiliary Chiller shall also comply with the relevant requirements of “Code for Fire Protection Design of High-rise Civil Buildings” (GB 50045-1995).
- The levelness and overall dimensions of the basic plane of the Chiller should meet the requirements of the Chiller installation technical documents.
When the Chiller is installed, a rubber shock absorber block is placed on the foundation,
and the Chiller is leveled so that the vertical and horizontal level deviation of the modular chiller does not exceed 1‰.
- When multiple modular chillers are combined in parallel, a steel base should be added to the foundation,
and the unit should be firmly fixed on the base. After chiller pipe installation,
the shell of the module unit should be kept intact, the surface should be flat,
and connected into a unified whole.
(3) The connection position of the inlet and outlet pipes of the modular chiller installation guide should be correct and tight.
(4) A certain ventilation space should be reserved around the air-cooled modular chiller according to the requirements of the Chiller technical documents.
Large and medium heat pump units
(1) A certain ventilation space should be reserved around the air source heat pump unit according to different Chiller.
(2) The unit should be equipped with vibration isolators and have positioning measures to prevent displacement of Chiller during operation and damage to Chiller interfaces and connected pipes.
(3) There should be a maintenance distance of 1-1.5m on the supply and return pipes of the unit.
(1) Before the auxiliary Chiller of the refrigeration system, such as condenser, liquid receiver, oil separator, intercooler, oil collector, air separator, evaporator and refrigerant pump, etc., are in place, the direction of the nozzle and the The position, anchor bolt hole and the position of the foundation shall meet the design requirements.
(2) The installation of auxiliary Chiller should meet the following requirements in addition to the design and Chiller technical documents.
①The installation of auxiliary Chiller should be carried out air tightness test and monomer purging; the air tightness test pressure should meet the requirements of design and Chiller technical documents.
②The installation level deviation of horizontal Chiller and the vertical deviation of vertical Chiller should not be greater than 1‰.
③ When installing Chiller with oil collector, one end of the oil collector should be slightly lower.
④The elevation of the liquid inlet of the washing oil separator should be lower than the elevation of the liquid outlet of the condenser.
⑤ When installing low-temperature Chiller, dunnage shall be added at the support of the Chiller and at the contact with other Chiller. The dunnage shall be pre-treated with anti-corrosion treatment, and the thickness of the dunnage shall not be less than that of the thermal insulation layer.
If you’re struggling with how to do the chiller installation for all types chiller, look no further! Our highly experienced team can help you get the job done quickly and efficiently. Contact us today to get started.