Advantages and disadvantages of piston chillers
Compressor types of chillers: piston chiller, screw chiller and centrifugal chiller. Lets talk about the piston chillers.
The advantage of piston chillers:
1. The materials are simple, and general metal materials can be used, which are easy to process and low in cost.
2. The system device is simple, easy to lubricate, no exhaust device is needed.
3. Using multiple heads, high-speed multi-cylinder, performance can be improved.
The disadvantages of piston chillers:
1. Many parts, many wearing parts, complicated and frequent repairs, and high maintenance costs.
2. The compression ratio is low, and the stand-alone cooling capacity is small.
3. The adjustment performance of the single head under partial load is poor, and the unloading cylinder adjustment can not be stepless adjustment.
4. It is a reciprocating motion up and down, and the vibration is large.
5. The weight index per unit cooling capacity is large
Geson chiller product range covers Industrial Refrigeration and Commercial Central air-conditioning, including Water-cooled chillers, Air-cooled chillers, Screw chillers, Scroll chillers, Centrifugal chillers, Water(ground) source heat pumps, Air source heat pumps and etc., Capacity from 2tons~4000tons, and temperature from -160℃~30℃, complete full product series for customers.
Read more, pls visit www.linkedin.com/in/gesonchiller